Wednesday 2 July 2008

A while between drinks

I seem to become such a boring person when I'm not cycling! I just don't feel compelled to blog, my whole life feels like it revolved around fertility treatments sometimes.

I fought really hard with the clinic to try and let me do the frozen embryo transfer this cycle but they were adamant that I needed the month off. I think deep down I knew that but once I start treatments it is so hard to stop. It's quite silly really, each break that we have had has been so helpful and therapeautic for me, so I should appreciate the time to heal.

I think I have moved past the pain from last cycle, having our embryos frozen has definitely helped me get my head around everything. I'm currently on CD 16 so hopefully in a couple of weeks we will start our HRT FET. I have filled my Progynova script and gotten progesterone pessaries in anticpation of beginning the next cycle. By the way - anyone have experience with the pessaries? Looks like I am going to be using 400mg pessaries, three times a day. I've only ever used crinone gel before so I'm not too sure what to expect.

Work is absolutely crazy at the moment. I have been working on a major project, launching a new initiative corporation wide and have had to work around some really tight deadlines. It's a great project but there is so much work to do and just not enough time to get it done which is adding a lot of stress on my shoulders. I went into work this morning with the plan to stay late and get a whole heap of stuff done, but almost the moment I walked into the office, I got a migraine and had to go and lie down in the bosses office away from all the noise and lights of the office. So that completely knocked me out for the day - one less day that I can work on getting the project up and running.

Murray and I are also going on holiday next week! We have had it booked for six months, before all our money troubles and before I started working on this project. In terms of work, the timing couldnt possibly be worse as it takes a week out of my preparation time for the project, but I am looking forward to getting away with just Murray and chilling out. We are off to Exmouth (North Western Australia) with a sunny winter temperature of around 28 degrees everyday, much better than the 10 degrees it was here the other day!
So no updates for me probably until Murrays birthday on July 12! I will leave you with a picture of gorgeous Exmouth! Wish you were here!




4 comments:

  1. Have a fantastic trip, Bec. Pamper yourself, do tons of fun things, and know that the next cycle will be waiting for you when you return!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your holiday sounds lovely! The only advice I can give you re: pessaries is to make sure you are living in small pads :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am glad you are embracing your month off. And enjoy your trip!! K and I are at the beach as we speak, and having a blast...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're having a lovely trip! Those pictures are stunning!

    ReplyDelete