Tuesday 29 July 2008

A bit better

Things went a bit better at work today. My boss took me aside for half an hour to talk to me about our meeting yesterday. She said that she knew I was disappointed and upset and that she came off harsh in the meeting. She tried to butter me up a bit about what a fantastic job I'm doing and how important I am to the branch etc etc. In other words she is sh*t scared of me walking out and not having anyone to do my job - surprise, surprise. I did appreciate it though, I was ready to call in sick this morning, I was so upset over everything.

We are still looking at the possibility of moving overseas in 2009 though. I would love to move to the US but the economy doesn't look too strong there at the moment with lots of people losing their jobs - not the best time to be looking for work. Dubai is good for jobs but it is a big culture shock. Gwen suggested Singapore which would be wonderful but Oh. My. Goodness - how expensive is rent there! The other thing about moving overseas that we need to consider is that while I am only 22 and young enough to start over when I get back to Australia, Murray turns 30 next year and it may not be so easy for him to do that. Luckily teaching isn't that competitive and it shouldn't be too big an issue, but still something to consider I guess.

On the IVF front, I'm still taking Progynova and hanging out until next Monday for my first lot of bloods and scan to see how I'm going. I'm happy enough at this point that we are doing a single embryo transfer, but if there are any issues with thawing the embryos, I reserve the right to change my mind!

1 comment:

  1. Singapore rent is expensive BUT the majority of schools are out of the city where rent is much cheaper. The Australian school is about 20 minutes out of the city which in singapore terms is miles away...it takes 30-40 minutes to go around the whole island.

    Living costs are cheaps in regards to food, transport etc...if you're still interested don't be freaked out at first. Don't forget the tax rates helps and some companies will subsidise rent etc...

    ReplyDelete