Thursday 24 July 2008

Trying again

My period arrived this afternoon so we are about to embark on the next stage of our journey. I have started taking Progynova to increase my hormone levels and thicken my endometrium lining in preparation for a frozen embryo transfer in the coming weeks. My first clinic appointment isn't until August 4, and the transfer will be done sometime in the week after that, all things being equal. But they are never equal, are they...

I am suprisingly calm about starting again. We have decided that we aren't going to tell anyone about this cycle. I just don't want the pressure of peoples expectations on me, then it's not just me who gets disappointed, but everyone around me. I want to try and stay positive, keep up my exercise, and stay 'present' in my normal life.

The other reason for not telling people is that I want to regain some surprise into this whole thing. A close friend of mine recently announced that she is 14 weeks pregnant. While we will be announcing our pregnancy earlier than that should we be blessed, I would really love that element of surprise and elation. Maybe I'm reaching for the stars a bit but it's worth a try.

4 comments:

  1. I would love to be able to have a "surprise" announcement too...and I hope that you will be able to have it this time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best for this cycle. You asked a while ago about Dr Mike Aitken I think. Just to say he is an absolute darling of a man and I would trust him with my life. He himself is a father of four and very much a family man so he will be very sensitive to what you are going through. Good luck and keep up the fitness and exercise. You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really great feedback, thanks so much Sarah! He seemed really lovely when I met him for my last cycles transfer (the one that didn't go ahead) and was really sensitive to my emotions at a difficult time, so I think I would have happy to use him as my OB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stopped telling people when I was cycling too... unfortunately DH didn't get the memo and always blabs! LOL, so make sure 'M' is in on the plan too :-)

    ReplyDelete