Friday 30 September 2011

The countdown begins

Every minute is filled with excitement. On Sunday, we will be jetting our way across the world to Europe. To be honest I can't believe we are actually, really going. It feels a bit like a dream, that part when you first wake up and can kinda remember what you were thinking about, but you don't know if it is real or not? That's the state I am in at the moment.

I always thought going to Paris was a pipe dream for us, and if I'm honest, I never really allowed myself to even dream about it because I believed it simply wasn't achievable. Instead we did a lot of travel around Australia and south-east Asia, which was very satisfying. But to actually be heading to Western Europe is mind-blowing.

The itinerary is set! We have two weeks spread across London, Rotterdam and Paris. My Dad has given me lots of information about where my Oma and Opa lived in Holland and I am hoping that their house is still standing (it's in an industrial area) so I can take photos to bring back for the family. We are going to see a show at the West End, visit the Anne Frank house in Amsterdam, watch a Euro 2012 qualifier at the Kuip, and taste French wine in Paris.

This trip has given us something to look forward to during the really rough parts of this year. I can't wait for Murray and I to go on this adventure together.

3 comments:

  1. i hope you have an absolutely fabulous time. and i have to say, you are so lucky that you're going on this adventure with murray and that you're getting to experience this together, i'd have given ANYTHING for that last year.

    enjoy every minute!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bec- I hope your travels are wonderful. Just wanted to stop by and say hi. You've been one of those consistent voices of support on my blog and I wanted to say I appreciate it.

    I've been really terrible at commenting in the last many months.

    I don't know where I'd be without this community that understands. WIshing you all the best as you navigate the difficult task of sorting out your plans c, d, e, and f.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your trip has been as wonderful as you hoped for and more! Love reading your lines about IVF as i have just begun rteatment myself and feel pretty newbie.

    ReplyDelete