Friday 23 September 2011

Planning as therapy

Murray and I recently went for some support counselling to help us process the results of our last cycle. One of the things the counsellor said that resonated with me, is that fertility has become a job to me, and I over-plan everything. I spend all my time planning fertility treatment, and basing our life around the 'what-if's' should I fall or not fall pregnant.

The counsellor is right, I do all of those things. But I have accepted that this is the way I deal with things. I am a planner. I know that this can sometimes be painful as you can't plan fertility - it chooses its own time. I really do get that. But it's my method of coping. Without a plan I am lost, and I can't allow myself to relax because I end up feeling like I don't have control of anything. While I may not control the day and time we have a child, I can damn sure control other things, and so that is what I will do.

2 comments:

  1. we do what we have to do in order to cope. we especially do this when life doesn't turn out like we'd planned [or hoped]. making plans and trying to control things helps us feel somewhat back IN control of an otherwise uncontrollable situation.

    ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post on health care, its very easy to read and understand for anyone, This is great effort made by you for healthy fitness,
    Thank you for great support

    ReplyDelete