Thursday 1 September 2011

Ramblings

I have my period. Another reminder of how crappy this all is. Plus I have a wicked flu that has knocked me for six. Coughing up green gunk really isn't the best way to make yourself feel better about your life.

This afternoon, one of our dogs decided to try on their escape artist skills. Eventually we found her, thanks to my gorgeous friends who spent time in the rain scouring the streets near our house, but I broke down and cried my eyes out when she got back inside. Everything about these last few weeks came pouring out of me and I couldn't stop sobbing.

I am devastated over my infertility, but there is no choice but to put the pieces together again, and continue the battle. There is only a month until our holiday and I want to really enjoy our experience in Europe. So the next month is about getting back to normal, or as close to that as possible. Once we are back from our trip, and get over the Christmas hump - well, I have some ideas about what we might pursue then. But for now, it's about finding my centre.

6 comments:

  1. in all honesty, your trip could not have come at a better time. the time away, just to focus on you & murray and having an awesome time and seeing some amazing places will be just what your soul needs to heal.

    love you Bec, you have so many people who do love you & want nothing but pure happiness for you, never forget that, especially in the rough times.

    ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish i could be there for you more babe. I love you and murray so much. Europe will be awesome..

    Love you
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a good thing you were able to get some of your frustration out. Crying is such good therapy.

    Can't wait until your trip. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could still be here in the UK, it would have been so lovely to meet and be able to show you around.

    Having a period AND the flu is just a double kick in the guts. Last cycle, I had a really heavy, painful period and a cold, it definitely wasn't the flu, and I was STILL laid up in bed.

    You will have an incredible time in Europe, travel is good for the soul. I'm glad your little furbabies are home safely xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bec. I just wanted to let you know how sorry I am to hear this. Although I haven't been commenting much, I have still been reading via google reader on my iphone and have been hanging out for your updates each day. I have been thinking of you.

    Kim xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been thinking of you Bec. I am so sorry you are sick right now, I know how it just makes everything feel worse.

    Kia kaha my friend xxx

    ReplyDelete