Wednesday 1 June 2011

And so it begins

I got my period about an hour ago, so we are all systems go for IVF round 13. I will call the clinic tomorrow to let them know, and go in for a blood test and to pick up my meds on Friday morning, which luckily I have off work. Then I am spending all of the long weekend down in Bunbury, helping out with our church's State Youth Games team. Hopefully I don't scare anyone with all my injections!

I am scared. The moment I realised my period had arrived, I just got this overwhelming feeling of 'oh my goodness, I don't know if I want to do this anymore'. It's the fear that we might get to the end of this and have nothing. But you know, the payoff if it works is going to be incredible. So it's a game of risk and odds. The risk of success = around 40%. Scale from 1 to 10 of how awesome it would be = 20 gazillion. So let's play. We are all in.

3 comments:

  1. how exciting Bec, nerve wracking yes but oh so exciting!

    you know i'm keeping EVERYTHING crossed for you that #13 is THE lucky number for you BUT if this doesn't work [it WILL work, it WILL work] what's the plan or have you not thought that far ahead? [don't blame you if you haven't].

    enjoy this weekend.

    ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  2. 13 is the Baker's Dozen hon! I am so proud of you and Murray for your grit and determination to keep trying, you two love birds deserve a baby so much after everything you have endured. I hope hope hope this is the last round you need to get you that gorgeous little bundle of love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo, lucky number 13!

    I am convinced this cycle is going to be a go-er for you. You'll get nothing but 100% conviction that there will be a baby from this IVF cycle from me.

    ReplyDelete