Tuesday 14 June 2011

Giving up.

It was the end yesterday. It was the first time I have honestly thought that I couldn't go any further and that we wouldn't have a child. In the past I believed that even though now wasn't the time, that it would still happen sometime. And yesterday that disappeared. I don't know if we will ever have children. It kills me.

But today, something happened. I held my friends little baby today and soothed her until she went to sleep. And I realised I can't give up. Not on this.

6 comments:

  1. Sending you so much love and strength honey.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. If its the fat baby I'm thinking of, she's definately the cutest baby out.

    Whatever you decide, there are so many people here who have your back xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe that when we've reached our limit that we will know (at least I hope so!).

    Sending you hugs, Bec. I'm so sorry that you have to go through this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i disagree with jellybelly - i think i've reached my limit a few times and yet the desire, the want the NEED is still always there, then again maybe my greatest fear is coming true - that even when the limit HAS been reached, the desire, want, NEED never goes away.

    you know what you want Bec and even though it may not feel it right now, you have the strength, courage and determination to continue to chase that dream, with many standing by your side supporting you as you do.

    ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unfortunately IVF has no limits - it's like an addiction - "just one more, just one more, I promise this will be the last"!!

    Hang in there Bec - every failure you endure means you are one step closer to achieving your dream.

    Kia Kaha

    Jacs xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've reached my limit many times and I STILL can't give up hope, despite the apparent hopelessness of my current situation. I believe you will be a mummy one day Bec.

    ReplyDelete