Friday 22 October 2010

Next question - is Rebecca a good parent?

Our adoption referees have been contacted and asked to complete a questionnaire about us. About whether we could be good parents or not. I am filled with excitement and fear at the same time.

What if people really don't think we could be good parents? 
What if there are issues that we have never discussed? 
What if they secretly don't think we can do this, but because of our friendship, they wouldn't say something to our face but will write it down instead? 

I know it's crazy thinking, after all we chose our four closest friends, the people we trust the most, who know us the best, to do this for us. As the cover letter says, no parent is perfect, so they are encouraging people to write about the good as well as the not-so-good.

But matter how much I try and convince myself, I am running scared today. 

5 comments:

  1. The cover letter is right! Parenting is the ups AND the downs and as a parent you need to be able to not only DEAL with them both but also HAVE those moments YOURSELF!

    Don't be too hard on yourself Bec, you'll be an awesome Momma and your determination to get pregnant and/or adopt shows that.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It feels as though it wasn't that long ago when we went through this very same process. You have got this far and your friends will be loyal, wanting the very best for you both; that is to see you guys become parents.
    One set of friends who we asked to write a reference thought it funny to make a mock letter to show us what they had sent. The look on my face when reading the letter must have said it all when everyone burst into laughter. I read the first paragraph several times trying to take in whether it was a joke or not; fortunatley the right copy reached its correct destination; and yes we have been lucky to be blessed with a rambunctious daughter through adoption. I wish you well in your journey and if you need to ask any questions about the process ahead I would be more than happy to help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will be an awesome mum and I will be an awesome Nonni. Just take it one step at a time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see how you would be scared, but I am SURE you have nothing to worry about.

    You will be a good mum, I KNOW this!
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure your friends only want what is best for you and would say and do everything possible to ensure that you are blessed with children. I bet it tears them apart to see you and Murray go through so much heartache, they know you better than most and are all playing a really special, privileged part in the journey. I have faith in them and in you xoxo

    ReplyDelete