Tuesday 12 October 2010

Application submitted!

We have finally submitted our adoption application! It has only taken 9 months to get our act together and get it done! We had completed most of the paperwork back in May but somewhere along the line we misplaced Murrays birth certificate and our marriage certificate which we needed certified copies of. So we put it to the side and got distracted with life. Now that we have put treatment to the side for a while to concentrate on our finances, we decided to refocus on getting our adoption stuff sorted.

So yesterday afternoon I searched high and low for the certificates with no luck. However Murray happened to open a file I hadn't looked at and found them straight away! We made a mad dash to get a money order for our police clearance, and a trip to the chemist to get copies of our documents certified, and it is all in the post as of this morning!

Unfortunately we will need to fork out $750 for the assessment of our application, but besides that fee, there is very little else we will need to pay even if and when we are placed with a child.

So here goes - a new stage, something old and new for me to focus my energies on.

4 comments:

  1. wow thats great, hope you are blessed with a child very soon
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome!!

    Just this morning I was thinking about you, adoption and me and fostering to adopt!

    Hopefully, come the Aussie Bloggers Conference we will be talking of children instead of stupid infertility!

    My fingers, toes, eyes and all other appendages are crossed for you honey.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping everything crossed for you honey


    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on taking the first step.

    Hubby and I have had our adoption paperwork filled out and ready to go for nearly 2 years now - but havent sent it off yet. Such a long process - so I kick myself eveytime I think that I could be two years closer to holding my baby...

    Hope it all goes smoothly for you :)

    L xx

    ReplyDelete