Saturday 7 August 2010

A tale of two sisters

I have no sisters but I do have two sisters-in-law.

My husbands sister is married and recently suffered a miscarriage. This isn't the first time it has happened. Back in 2005, she had been with her now-husband for only two months when they fell pregnant accidentally, only to lose the baby at 10 weeks. Now, five years later they are married and have just started trying for a baby (I think they had been delaying until we were pregnant but obviously that's not going to happen anytime soon), they manage to fall pregnant, and then found no heartbeat at the ultrasound. I feel awful for her, I really do. No matter how bittersweet it is when someone falls pregnant and you are still barren, I wish the best for them, and I don't want anyone to have to suffer through losing a baby, or have issues with falling pregnant. I pray that they are able to fall pregnant and have a healthy pregnancy soon.

My brothers partner is also my 'sister-in-law'. She is due to have her fifth child any day now. They have decided to name the little boy 'Jackson Daniel', which has the unfortunate 'coincidence' of also being close in name to their favourite alcoholic beverage - Jack Daniels. I will have a new nephew but am unlikely to receive any sort of notification when he is born from her or the family. I wont get it from my brother as he is in jail (long story which I can't divulge here). This child will be born into a broken family, and will likely be taken off my 'sister' once he is weaned, unless by some miracle they deem her fit to parent him.

God, if you are listening which I believe you are, please show me the wisdom in your ways, because I am mere mortal and simply can not comprehend any of this.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Bec your last "question" has been being asked by mere infertiles for years I believe and we're still waiting for an answer.

    It is because of situations like your sister in laws (the latter) and many many others, why I believe it is down to pure luck (and not much else) as to who becomes parent's and who doesn't.

    Big hugs

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you hear anything from God, Bec, please let me know what s/he said. I am at a loss as to why it happens, it is a heart breaking, tormented, fkd up situation. My love and thoughts are constantly with you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. ive just stumbled across your blog and have been reading some of your entries... cant you apply to the department to care for your nieces and nephews? they should be with family and you are trying for a family...

    ReplyDelete