Friday 27 August 2010

Aunty Bec

Don't think I mentioned earlier, I am an aunty again. Jackson Daniel v********** was born, 9 pounds 4 ounces last week. Found out through her sisters facebook page.

I lost my cool today with the Department of Child Protection. Since November I have been trying to get visitation rights for the children to have unsupervised visits with no response from the department. I submitted a formal complaint earlier in the year to the department and received an apology for my treatment and that by the end of July I would have been assessed and approved to have unsupervised visits with my nieces and nephew. Of course that never happened and I still haven't heard a thing from the department. So I started on the phone calls again with no response until I threw a tantrum today on someones voicemail, stating that I would elevate my complaint to the state ombudsman if I did not receive a response by the end of the day today. Well, what a surprise - I had a phone call within an hour booking in my assessment! So frustrated that I have had to push so hard for something which they should want to happen. I haven't seen the kids since Christmas time and I feel so out of the loop with their lives now. Hopefully once I am assessed I can spend some more time with them at our house and we can get back on track.

2 comments:

  1. Ughhhh Bed - I am sorry on all accounts!

    Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you finally got their attention. Isn't it disgusting that you have to use that threatening word "ombudsman" to get people to take you seriously :-(

    ReplyDelete