Monday 16 August 2010

Cruising by

Nothing much happening in our neck of the woods. We are just waiting to start our next IVF cycle next month. Am on day 13 of my cycle at the moment so sometime in September or October it will happen. We don't really have the funds for it at the moment (haven't even arranged any accomodation for our Hong Kong trip yet!) but luckily our clinic allows payment plans. Hopefully Murray's tax return will be decent enough to cover some of the treatment and/or our hotel for our holiday.

My work is going really well at the moment. I recently applied for my bosses job as he is transitioning to retirement. I didn't think I had a shot at all as it is a level 6 managers role (I am a level 4 coordinator), but I thought it would be good for the interview experience. The regional manager called me in and said although I didn't get the position, they were really impressed with me and that I came very close to securing the position!! He has asked if I would be okay with him being my mentor and also offered to find me some acting managerial positions around the business for me to gain experience in, which is just incredible! I was also told that as we are having a huge restructure in the middle of next year, I should try and gain as much experience as possible between now and then as there may be a suitable management position for me then.

I am so excited by the prospects that are available for me. I love the job I am doing and am happy to stay at this level, but knowing that I have the opportunity to go even further gives me hope that I can still have a life and be successful without having a child in my life at this stage. However it does also leave me feeling a little unsettled about the level of responsibility I would have, and also the implications if I do have a child-whether my career would be limited by taking time out for a baby and being able to return on a part-time basis. But not to worry about that right now, I am just soaking it all in and taking it all as it comes.

And a picture to finish of the post - this is Charlie just before he got groomed on the weekend - my beautiful baby boy!

3 comments:

  1. It's always nice to get positive, constructive feedback about your work and just knowing you are appreciated makes it so much easier. Take the bull by the horns as they say Bec!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo on acknowledgement from management Bec and way to go on the possible future advancement!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds fantastic. Good prospects at work will definitely be great for your personal development and give you soemthing to focus on aside from infertility.

    Hoping the money comes through fro an awesome holiday and the IVF.

    ReplyDelete