Wednesday 2 June 2010

Day 4 - Injecting

I feel so peaceful and positive right now. Even though there are so many things going on with work, family, uni and IVF, when I would normally feel the weight of the world on my shoulders, I just feel so... at peace. I really believe this could work and I haven't felt this positive in such a long time.

I am on day four at the moment and am on 200iu of Puregon. I am hoping that this will be enough to get a decent response at egg pick up. The new clinic I am at doesn't do day 2 bloods or scans which was a little nerve wracking for me, but it's their protocol so I am going with the flow. I go into the clinic again on Friday morning for bloods and scan so we will get an idea then of what is going on.

I had a lovely email from a reader (Hi Aimee!) who has given me great confidence in my clinic through her experience there.. I am really trying to get into this notion that happiness is something that I can choose to have (sometimes at least - not while in the depths of depression of course!), and so I am choosing to be positive about the clinic. After all without the clinic we would not have a donor and have this opportunity that has been presented to us. So thanks Aimee :-)

I was about to say that I was off to bed but it is only 7.30pm! So maybe I might snuggle with Charlie and Murray and do some reading for a while. Hope everyone is doing well.

6 comments:

  1. loads of love and good wishes my sweet xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping this is THE one for you honey xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that you're feeling at peace and positive about this cycle!!!! Hugs to you Bec!

    ReplyDelete
  4. no worries at all!!
    Stay positive, and relaxed (ha.. yeah!).. the hardest thing to do, but it will help you, your partner and your future bubs
    loads of love your way
    Aimee xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you are in a good place right now. I am too, and it feels great doesn't it?

    Wishing you all the best for this cycles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoops! That was a typo. I meant to say cycle, not cycles. I hope you didn't take that the wong way. I'm really hoping this is the one for you and you don't need to do more cycles.

    ReplyDelete