Tuesday 8 June 2010

Day 10 - Cancelled

My estrogen level has doubled to 10,500 so my doctor has cancelled my cycle. My lead follicles were around 13/14mm so nowhere near egg collection yet and it was just too dangerous to proceed.

Am so exhausted by the whole thing, I just want to get pregnant - surely the exhausting part is meant to be once you have had the baby!

Now we have to do this all over again… I don't know if I even want to put myself through it. The stress, the impact on my body, the money, the rescheduling my life, running late to work because my clinic is 40 minutes in the wrong direction. But of course I will because I want a child. I don't want another break. I want my hormone levels to be normal and to be doing my egg collection in a couple of days.

Am going to have some serious s-e-x over the next week, in the miniscule hope that the FSH might boost our chances naturally. I know that our odds are next to nothing, but I have nothing else I can do.

I'm not a mess. I'm not broken. I haven't even cried. I don't feel like I am in the slump that I usually am when this stuff happens to me. This time I'm fed up. I feel let down. I'm angry.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Bec Fuck! Sorry but I was afraid that I would come home to find a post such as this today.

    I'm angry on your behalf too hon....I say enjoy all the horizontal jiving you can get in and you know what, you just never know your luck.

    Big hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweetheart, I just wish...nevermind. Loads of love and lots of fabulous sex vibes being sent your way xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh honey, i was thinking of you today!

    Sending you lots of love and hugs!

    Have fun doing the rumpy pumpy!!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Bec, I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope your levels don't rise any further. Thinking of you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Here from lfca. I tried to comment yesterday but I was having problems with the log in. If it still matters, I had moderate ohss with levels in the high 2000s. It was horrible. I'm so sorry you were cancelled. I felt the same way when I was stimming- all that pain and work, just to get to step 1 of a million more? I know how discouraging and frustrating it is. Hang in there, it will happen some day!

    ReplyDelete