Sunday 6 June 2010

Day 8 & SYG

So I had my blood test done in the morning at SJOG Murdoch and then we drove down to Bunbury to participate in the Church of Christ State Youth Games (SYG) and it was great fun! We missed the first session where I was meant to play basketball, but the second session was XerDance which is like this...



...except that instead of two people doing it in a nice spacious area, there were two groups of 16 people doing it in a tiny squash court - crazy stuff! Somehow I made it through to the semis, and then into the grand final and came fifth over all which I was pretty impressed with! And I kept my heart rate monitor on over the THREE HOURS that we were dancing (admittedly with 10 minute breaks every now and then), and I burnt off 2000 calories. I am not exaggerating! So for all those people looking for the latest weight loss craze, I think we found it.

Today I was in the fishing competition which was my first time ever fishing. I managed to catch six fish, but unfortunately they were all toadfish or blowies which aren't counted. In previous years they did count and I would have won as I managed to hook a 300gm rare type of blowie - a North West Blowfish which as the name would suggest, shouldn't be anywhere near Bunbury which is in the south west of Australia! Just goes to show how our planet is warming but I digress...

Then Murray and I were on the Handball team. Now I have never watched, nor played Handball before, but let me say - it is a workout - and loads of fun! We played a round robin competition and finished bottom of the ladder with no wins (that's consistency for you!), but I scored a goal and made some awesome saves in my turn as goalkeeper.

We just got back home an hour ago and I have had a nice hot shower to hopefully help my muscles out, I have a feeling that I wont be able to walk tomorrow! I already can't wait to do it all again next year!

On the IVF front, my estrogen level was at 1600 yesterday morning, after being at 900 the day before, which I'm a little worried about. From memory 3000-4000 is the cut off for OHSS, and my follicles are still very small which makes me think that my levels could get quite high. I am going into Concept tomorrow morning for more bloods and an ultrasound so hopefully my little follies are growing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment