Sunday 14 February 2010

Mid-February

While I haven't been a particularly good girl with my food and exercise this week (Sorry my Foxy Red Team!), I have been very good when it comes to my FebuSave challenge! I haven't been spending excessive amounts of money, although I also haven't been limiting myself all the time - I forgot my lunch one day this week so I bought something from the food van that visits our office, and I also went out and had dinner and played bowls with a group of friends on Saturday night. Great fun without getting too expensive.

One of the things that I have been motivated to do as a result of thinking about my money and taking back control, is finding all of those little super accounts that I had when I was 18 and working a couple of different jobs, to roll over the cash into my main superannuation account. I went to a 'Lost Super' website (Google it - there are a couple which can do the job for you), and found out that I had at least two other superannuation accounts, one had the princely sum of $75 in it, but the other account had close to a thousand dollars sitting there that I would never have known about before. All it takes is filling out one form, getting my drivers license copied and certified (the pharmacist at the chemist can do this for you), and Voila - extra money in your super that you never had before!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you're still going strong in the money-saving department! And how cool that you found that money! I wish that I had some hidden money somewhere, unfortunately I know where all of my cash is! ;)

    ReplyDelete