Monday 8 February 2010

Get Foxy!

Today is Day 1 of the Fernwood Foxy Challenge which I am taking part in. It's a 12 week program with weekly personal training, dietician advice and group PT, plus weekly challenges where you gain points. My short term goal is to complete the triathlon in three weeks, and my long term goal is to lose at least 6 kilos over the 12 weeks. It doesn't seem like a lot, but 6kg would make a big difference to me and it is the kickstart I need to feel confident about going back to IVF.

On the Febusave front, I have been super good this past week. I went to Ikea on the weekend to buy two bookcases (A bargain at only $115 each!) and managed to resist buying anything else. If you know me, you will know that is a huge achievement. The last trip to Ikea I came away with $170 worth of... well nothing really! And the other day I was out for a walk, and went past a nail salon. Instinctively I went to walk in to get a pedicure, but I stopped myself and instead went home and took out my ample nail supplies and gave myself a mani-pedi. Easy as that, I already had all of the stuff, it was just laziness on my part to get someone else to do it. An extra $35 in the bank account.

This is actually the first payfortnight in a long time that I still have money in the bank (and my credit card) at the end of the fortnight! Go me, and go Febusave!

With Valentines Day coming up, usually we get each other something small and then go out for dinner, plus probably a movie. Instead we are going to our usual Wildcats game, and then I plan to take out a picnic blanket and strawberries (a whole $4) and have dessert under the stars after the game. This saving thing can actually work - I just needed to be a bit more inventive and a little less lazy.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rebecca, good luck with the challenge. I'm also doing the Foxy challenge and blogging about it. We're going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're already a foxy lady Bec! But you're going to be even foxier by the end of the challenge xo

    ReplyDelete