Wednesday 13 August 2008

Please introduce yourself to...

... Gidget, our little blastocyst!



I went into the clinic this afternoon to have my embyro transferred and all went well. My Mum came along with me for support because we can't have Murray taken too many days off work. It ended up being quite good, she tends to calm me down a bit. My doctor wasn't available so Dr Love (dont laugh - the love doctor!) did my transfer. Steve also wasn't available so I got to meet the other girls who work in the lab. I did get the mean nurse though who never recognises me and always makes me feel uncomfortable.

My beta is on Monday 25th August so hopefully we will get some good news then. I tried to argue to have my beta on Friday 22nd, I would officially be 14 days then (5 day embryo + 9 day wait) but they claim that they wouldnt get a reading then. Hmmm.. is that cause for doing some HPTs? I dont think I even have any tests here...

We managed to get a photo of our little Gidget on the tv screen! Having a photo of our embryo has opened up a whole new fascination for me though - googling other blastocyst pictures and comparing mine to theirs! I will need to get this out of my system soon - it's turning me a bit batty!

In other news, my work has turned into an absolute mad-house. I don't think I have ever been this stressed out before, working late and getting worked up at things. I snapped at my boss yesterday and was really rude to her which isn't like me at all. Unfortunately the job that I am in requires me to really put in a lot of hours and effort, at least until Christmas times. I had considered changing jobs to get away from it, but it is a huge career opportunity for me, and I don't want to put my whole life on hold anymore. In saying that, I do need to look after myself over the next two weeks and focus on eating well, getting lots of rest and deep breathing when I start to get stressed out at work.

A question for you all - do you do anything different in your 2WW after IVF? I have never changed anything during my 2WW while trying to conceive naturally, but after investing so much both emotionally and financially into our IVF cycles, I feel like I should really change things up a bit. I'm not going to be exercising for the next two weeks at the request of the clinic, because it is too high intensity. I'm going to focus on eating well, but should I stop drinking caffeine, no sex (lol - like that is a problem at the moment!) and not dye my hair etc? How far is too far?

5 comments:

  1. I drank grape juice and ate fresh pineapple (with core) everyday for a week (I think)...might have been the whole 2 ww. Anyways, I transferred 2 3day embryos and they both took - I am pregnant with twins! I hope this works out for you! I also took it easy, no baths but I was near the ocean so I went swimming in the ocean a few times. I also did acupuncture before and continued it. Good luck to you!

    -csl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gidget is a cutie! I also obsessed over other people's embie pictures too! I didn't chane a whole lot during the TWW but I did cut out all caffine, not take hot baths, and no exercise. Good luck, I'm praying this this is the one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Gidget sticks! Don't have any IVF advice for you, but just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you and hoping this is your baby! xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gidget is gorgeous!

    Go as far as you feel comfortable. Unless you plan on wrapping yourself up in cotton wool and staying in bed for 2 weeks I don't think it's likely you will go too far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here from IComLeavWe...
    My clinic told me no exercise, no sex, no baths or swimming, no alcohol or caffeine, basically no anything. Personally I almost never do any of those anyway except exercise (okay, maybe sex sometimes) so it wasn't a big deal. If you plan to cut out caffeine when you're pregnant, you might as well start now or at least wean yourself off. Personally I try to avoid anything I might feel guilty about later if it doesn't work, but sometimes I have done those things anyway and of course then felt guilty. But it seems like the clinics tell us most of this just for liability sake, so probably little or none of it matters. Good luck with Gidget!

    ReplyDelete