Monday 25 August 2008

A numbers game

The numbers of my life...

Days spent trying to conceive - 789
Kilos lost to start IVF - 19
Kilos gained during IVF - 6
Injections given - 92
IVF cycles begun - 5
Egg collections undergone - 3
Hospitalisation - 1
Embryo transfers - 2
Periods of depression - 3

Pregnancies. Zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada. None.


BFN. Am starting another FET cycle straight away so still on Progynova but get to stop the yucky pessaries. I call the clinic on Day 1 of my cycle, but don't have to come in for a scan until Day 10. I asked about transferring two embryos but the nurse said no way because of my age. I have asked for my FS to call me sometime this week. I know it's not necessarily the answer, but it could be. I don't know anymore.

11 comments:

  1. Here from ICLW. Sorry about your BFN. Here's wishing you a BFP with your next cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hugs! I am so sorry about your BFN, and all those numbers you listed. I have everything crossed for you for this FET cycle.

    thanks for commenting on my blog! I think you deserve some shoe shopping retail therapy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Bec, I am so sorry it didn't work this cycle. I know you and the DH are under so much stress right now, from this and your finances. I really hope everything turns around dramatically. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to read about your BFN. I'm glad that you get to move forward right away with your next cycle. I hope and pray those numbers are different for you next time, and that you'll get to add high and doubling betas to the list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry for the difficult journey so far and the BFN.
    I hope your numbers come up soon.I was in a similar place once.
    Virtual (hugs)

    Here from IComLeavWe... (adoption,pregnancy loss, IVF twins)
    My Little Drummer Boys

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that you will get your bfp this time. Thinking of you and wishing you the best for your upcoming FET. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry this time it didn't happen :(
    I'll be hoping and praying that your little miracle comes along very soon though.

    (Here from ICLW!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here from ICLW. I'm so sorry about the BFN. I hate them-they suck. I will be thinking about you on your upcoming FET.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here from ILCW

    I'm so sorry about the BFN. Mope away! I needs me a good day or two (ok maybe a weeks or month) to mope.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here from ICLW just to let you know that I am thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry about the BFN but it is good that you get to move forward right away. Wishing you better luck next cycle.

    ReplyDelete