Friday 13 May 2016

Day 2 ~ ART #21 ~ IVF #10

There is nothing new under the sun. It certainly feels that way for me.

We have officially commenced the cycle – I took my Luveris and Puregon (150iu) this morning, and my first blood test and scan are on next Tuesday morning.

Thankfully the timing of the cycle has worked out okay – originally egg collection was going to line up with my Mum's 50th birthday party which would have been devastating!

Luckily my period held off a few extra days and it shouldn't interfere now.

 

I am ever hopeful, but also a realist. If it hasn't worked by now, it is unlikely to work. God performs miracles and I continue to pray that one happens, but I also believe that we are blessed either way.

The Bible says 'Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted (Matthew 5:3). Not Blessed are those who have everything going well in their lives.

We already know the pain of infertility, but permanent childlessness is going to be an adjustment and something that as much as I try and anticipate and prepare for it, I will never be ready for the feelings that are going to come at the end of this cycle, regardless of outcome.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment