Tuesday 24 May 2016

Day 13 - Ready to go

How things change in a couple of hours! I got the call from the clinic to say that I would have egg pick up on Thursday and it would be a freeze-all cycle for two reasons - risk of OHSS and also my progesterone levels had risen to 4 which can reduce pregnancy success as it can make the uterine lining hostile to embryos. Not the news I wanted to hear!

My concerns with this boil down to the fact that last cycle, the two embryos that we transferred would not have been considered freeze quality, so we would have had nothing. I would rather transfer two poor embryos than nothing, especially with this being the last fresh cycle we do. Of course if it looks like we have a couple of embryos growing to blastocyst, by all means freeze them all, but if they are poor quality, no way.

I relayed these concerns to the nurse and she spoke with my Dr who has turned into a freeze-all - question mark, which just means that we will assess how I respond after egg collection and what the embryo development is like before we make a final decision. Thank goodness for that.

With that change though, the Dr decided to bring forward egg collection to Wednesday. Unfortunately I wont have my Dr doing egg collection - this is Kevin Artley who I haven't met before, but I'm sure he is more than capable.

So last night at 10.15pm I had two trigger injections - the second one was to help the follicles mature that little bit more as they were a little on the small side on the scan yesterday. Egg Collection is booked in for 10.15am Wednesday morning, and I have arranged to be off work for the rest of the week. I'm feeling a bit off today from all of the drugs, and my ovaries feel so heavy and uncomfortable - I have to walk very slowly and gently because they can get quite painful if I forget!

I also checked in with the clinic about Murray's frozen sperm samples. The first sample was only 2% motility but the second sample had 5% motility which is a huge improvement on the 0.01% fresh sample last IVF. He will still give a fresh sample tomorrow which they will analyse and then choose the best sample to use to fertilise the eggs.

All systems are go!

No comments:

Post a Comment