Sunday 24 June 2012

5dp5dt

For those that aren't au fait with IVF lingo, 5dp5dt means it has been five days past our five day old embryo transfer. 10 days post ovulation. Usually I would have tested today but I am trying to hold out for the blood test. My official test day is Thursday but I have a work commitment that morning, so am going to see if I can bring it forward to Wednesday, which isn't that far away I guess.

I had a headache today which left me in bed for most of the day. I'm trying to avoid taking any unnecessary medication so skipped the paracetemol and tried to sleep it out. It's still hanging around, but I feel better now that I've been up and about. Murray went into the clinic today to meet with the counsellor to have a chat about a few things, mainly coping mechanisms in the event that this cycle fails.

I think we are both in a bit of a rut at the moment. It doesn't help that our dogs have been absolute shots lately- escaping by digging under the fence practically everyday. So then we lock the dogs inside during the day and we come home to 'accidents' throughout the house, which is enough to set anyone's nerves on edge. Hopefully we can sort that out soon and have one less thing to worry us.

I'm starting to get really scared about this cycle not working. I know the odds are against us, better than what they have been with our last cycle but still, at around 30%, we are still odds on to get a negative result. This month marks six years of trying to have a baby and its still a struggle to cope with infertility, sometimes it's a day-by-day thing, other times I can pass a week or two without a negative thought crossing my mind. But it's always there, in my heart, that desire to have a child of our own to love and adore.

Three more days...

2 comments:

  1. I had a terrible headache when I finally got my BFP, just saying!

    ReplyDelete