Sunday 8 January 2012

Progress

My sciatic pain has shifted a bit. It is still awful but now it alternates between being agony, and then periods of numbness with pins and needles, all the way down and including my feet. I am walking with a limp and have lost all strength in my left leg. The first time I got out of bed, I fell over because I wasn't expecting it! I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, at least the numbness has given me some relief from the 72 hours of agony.

I'm busy trying to finish off a uni assignment that was due on Thursday, which is giving me no end of grief. I was struggling with it before I got the injury, but in my oxy-haze, absolutely nothing is making sense to me. Luckily I was given an extension until today, but I don't think I will be making that deadline!

In other random news, I have been using all this new found spare time filling in my new 2012 diary! This year I got a Kikki K red A5 diary and I love it! It's my christmas present to myself each year as it usually takes me a couple of months to find the exact right diary that is 'the one'! My neurosis, I know! So I have busily put on all important dates and holidays that are coming up - it's quite exciting to see everything we are doing in the next month or two.

Hopefully the next blog entry will see me being pain free, back to work, and feeling good!

2 comments:

  1. I really hope that you get some relief soon Bec!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An update on Bec. Took her to hospital last night, spent five hours there. Tonight we'll be headed to another hospital to visit the neurosurgeon and get an MRI done. At this stage it's looking as though surgery won't be necessary, but she is still in a fair bit of pain and discomfort and won't be able to take on the role up north that she had planned to do from 16 Jan for two weeks. I'm sure she'll get hold of her Ipad soon and keep you guys updated. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete