Saturday 21 January 2012

Injury, illness, the depression paradigm

Well I lasted Monday to Thursday at work, by the time I woke up on Friday I was mentally and physically exhausted and just couldn't force myself to go to work. So for the last two days I have been lying on my couch, alternating between watching the huge amount of sport that is on (Australian Open, Big Bash League Cricket, Basketball etc), snoozing when I feel the need, and coughing my guts up. Delightful.

I'm not a good sick person. I don't cope. Luckily my depression has been kept at bay this week by having to focus on work during the day and then basically falling in a heap and going to sleep at night. I'm usually a very strong person, very independent who doesn't mind in the least when my husband goes out and does other things. This week though, it's really stressing me out. Murray had to go out to church on Tuesday and Wednesday for meetings, and I really struggled being at home without him. Then obviously I was at home yesterday by myself, last night he went out with his Dad, all day today he was out on a fundraiser for his mission trip and tonight he is at the cricket. By no means am I angry at him for doing these things- I love that he goes out to all of these things. Its just that I'm so fragile at the moment... I just really wish he was here with me. I feel more 'normal', more like myself when he is around. When I'm by myself, my head is all over the place.

Hopefully over the next week, my body will work through all of this crap and I will finally get through the fog. Gastro, sciatica, a cold. What more can be thrown at me!

6 comments:

  1. here's to a better week next week Bec xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt very similar when Mr. JB returned to work after my surgery. It was a shock to me that I was so upset since I usually love to be home on my own.

    There's a light at the end of the tunnel Bec, I know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are feeling better now Bec. Gastro, sciatica and a cold are a nasty mix of ailments and I would be lying in bed sobbing if it were me. I am very independent too but when I am feeling down or sick I don't like it when Clayton goes out every night. You are right when you say it's easier to be 'normal' when your other half is with you. Feel better soon strong lady xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know! Depression really sucks! I have been suffering from stress and depression for months now and it affects my sleep. We all know that if a person doesn't get enough sleep, it will affect his/her mood, productivity at work, and almost about everything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should learn how to overcome depression so you can avoid further health problems. Having a healthy lifestyle is easy as long as you know how to handle this kind of problem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Regular check-up also helps maintain a healthy body. This is to stay away from illnesses.

    ReplyDelete