Wednesday 11 January 2012

Health update

I am doing much better today. My pain levels are under control with just neurogenic, so no more codeine or oxy thank goodness! I still have loss of feeling and pins and needles and very weak, but I can cope with all of that. My MRI was last night so I am off to the dr tomorrow to get them checked over to see what we can do to fix it and prevent it from happening again. I am also going to have Bowen therapy to or row to help manage the symptoms. 

I think the worst part of the weekend, obviously besides the pain, was the way my mental health suffered so much. It wasn't just the injury, it was the effect it had on not being at work, having to give up an amazing acting job opportunity, and not being able to hand in a uni assignment, all of which got me stressed out to the point of thinking bad thoughts and suffering anxiety attacks. In the end, Murray had to take two days off work to look after me and make sure I was okay. It's been really tough on both of us. I'm just glad that I am thinking clearly again and ready to star thinking about getting back to work and normal life. 

Thanks for all your thoughts and well wishes xxx

4 comments:

  1. The worst part of pain is the psychological part! Not being able to do what you want is so hard, and I'm proof!

    Take it easy and be kind to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. one step at a time Bec, one step at a time xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been following your FB updates Bec and am thinking of you! Have you been to a TCM/acupuncturist?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very great thing you have shared with us. Now I found enough resources by your tips about this issue, Thank you.

    ReplyDelete