Monday 26 December 2011

Boxing Day

Christmas was really good this year. Bar half a glass of champagne at breakfast, I haven't been drinking or overindulging with food, which I think has helped keep my spirits high and away from depressive thoughts.

We had a lovely breakfast at my Mums place to start the day, followed by a visit with my brothers family. All 5 kids were there and it was great to be Aunty Bec, giving out lots of presents! Then we trotted off to Murray's family for the big traditional lunch. We had a bit of a near miss when the chair Murray was on broke and he fell back and hit his head on a brick wall! Rather sobering at the time, but he was okay and now we have a funny story to tell for future Christmases!

I was very spoilt for Christmas with lots of thoughtful presents. Murray gave me a tagine to cook Morrocan food (which we both enjoy), and a custom made canvas with a photo and my favorite bible verse. I cried my eyes out when he gave it to me, it was just incredibly thoughtful. I've also picked up a smattering of body products, cash, handbags, jewelry and chocolates from family! Very spoiled!

Today we went to my sister in laws house for her husbands birthday. I also ducked out to the shops for the Boxing Day sales and used my Christmas cash to buy two beautiful Leona Edmiston dresses. We also looked after the two little boys who lived next door for an hour tonight so their parents could watch a TV special in peace. It was actually really nice to do normal parent-like things, it does make me happy, regardless of how I've been feeling of late.

Right now I am reclining on the couch watching replays of the NBA Christmas day games with Charlie draped across me having a nap. Surely nothing can top that?

4 comments:

  1. Happy Boxing Day! I'm going to do some online shopping myself, it'll be too crazy out there to do it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you were spoilt! glad to hear that you have had a couple of such lovely days.

    ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a satisfying Christmas Bec. Everytime I read about you and Murray hanging out and doing stuff your strong and happy relationship really shines through. May love reign supreme in 2012 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just discovered your blog and I'm a little speechless.

    I hope 2012 is a better year for you.

    xo

    ReplyDelete