Sunday 18 December 2011

Pain

My back is still in a lot of pain, but it is slowly improving. Lots of slow walks, changing my posture when I sit and stand, and trying to relax rather than tensing in anticipation of pain is helping to gently fix things, along with physio nearly every day. While I don't wish this on anyone, at least it has been a distraction from the end of our fertility treatment. I've put all my feelings about it in a box to deal with another time. I'm scared that if I open that box now, I will become too overwhelmed.

This last two weeks, I've realised that my depression isn't as under control as I thought it was. It's certainly not at the level it has been when I'm not medicated, but I have moments that are breaking through of dark thoughts, darker than I have felt for a long time. The physical pain of this injury doesn't help, I've always had a low tolerance for pain, and pain adds to my poor disposition.

Trying to get through the haze.

2 comments:

  1. one day at a time Bec and one puff at a time will eventually clear that haze and remember you've got people who are willing to help you walk through that haze, one step at a time.

    ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Physical pain is so tough to deal with. I'm so sorry that you have to go through this!

    ReplyDelete