Saturday 3 December 2011

Nothing new

This week has been extra long.  Work has been exhausting, three days of audits has drained all my energy.  But now I am in weekend mode.  I went and did my grocery shopping (the quietest place to be on a Friday night), finished writing the last of my Christmas cards, watched a movie with hubby (Red Dog - a fabulous movie - I cried like a baby) and am now off to bed.

We have friends coming over for dinner, so I will get my chef on tomorrow - veal parmigiana with potato cakes and roast vegetables followed by homemade apple pie. We are also going to head out and try and find a real Christmas tree to decorate. I've never had a real tree before, we have a great fake one that usually goes up, but I want something a bit different this year.

I have Monday off work so I am looking forward to a lazy sleep in and running some errands, and Tuesday I am doing a defensive driver course for my work. Even though work is so busy, we do have a lot of Christmas functions coming up which will be nice.

Today is 6dpiui. I don't think I'm pregnant but stranger things have happened in the world.  I have rung my clinic to get an update from the donor coordinator on where we are on the embryo donor list.  I'm happy to wait for the public IVF even though it is 18 months away, but I'm really scared that I'm not going to be able to shift the weight I need to be eligible for treatment and I need to have other options so I am prepared for the worst.

Anyway, trying not to get bogged down by infertility at the moment, just everyday as it comes.

4 comments:

  1. Stay positive Bec! I just did my grocery shopping online and it was surprisingly wonderful (I'm one of those people that LOVES to go grocery shopping!).

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your weekend love. I would love to have some of that home made nosh. Fingers crossed for this month xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. keeping stuff crossed for you. enjoy your dinner party!!

    hope you manage to find a real christmas tree, they are advertising them on the freeway down our way, plenty of places selling them it seems!

    ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please email me! I have a question about your blog! ☺
    HeatherVonSj@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete