Thursday 20 October 2011

Donor Insemination

Today is day 2 of my cycle, and my first day taking Clomid - oh the joys! We are trying a couple of rounds of donor IUI before the calendar year is up and making use of the Medicare Safety Net. Basically it means that the IUI's will only cost around $200 each - much more affordable than normal.

I took Primolut while I was on holiday, and after a 50 day cycle (GRR!), I finally have my period, and can get started with this round. So 5 days of 100mg Clomid starting today, then a blood test on Day 10 (Next Friday - Queens Birthday public holiday). As I haven't taken Clomid before, we don't know how my body will respond, but I am praying that, for once, my body does what it should do and ovulates, allowing us to do donor insemination. The odds of success are low, but at least I will feel like we have had a shot at something, and that this year hasn't been a complete waste.

I have come to terms that we will be taking a year off treatment next year. I'm actually a little excited about all the stuff I can plan - I want to do another triathlon in February, so trying to build up my fitness over the coming months to prepare for it. We also have a mini holiday booked in March which also is very exciting.

So much to look forward to.
I'm in a good place.

2 comments: