Thursday 26 May 2011

You are getting very very sleepy...

So what's going to be different about this cycle to every other cycle that I have done. I have tried acupuncture in the past, and quite possibly I will give that another shot this time, at least in the couple of days before and after our embryo transfer.

Something different that I have done recently is Virtual Reality Therapy, which is a specific-type of hypnotherapy. Essentially it is  guided relaxation, with blackout goggles and headphones, with a tiny tv screen in front of your face. After a few sessions with the full kit, I now have a CD which I listen to at night, or when I am feeling stressed. Just something about it makes me immediately able to relax. I have always had trouble with meditating and relaxing in the past, so it has amazed me that this really worked for me!

In addition to the relaxation and acupuncture, I also want to put the word out to my christian friends, to pray for me. I believe in the power of prayer, but to be honest I never thought of asking others to pray for me, thinking it to be something selfish, or asking too much. Recently somebody came up to me at church and told me they had had an urge to prayer for me on a particular issue that I had never mentioned, and it gave me such an incredible lift, and I realised that this is what God is about - ask and you shall receive. So here I am asking for your help, to not only lift my desire for a child to God, but also to pray for my physical and emotional strength during our treatment.

For non-believers, positive thoughts would also be appreciated. Just knowing that we have such amazing people around us - family, friends, people near and far, who care about us and want us to succeed, well, it means more than you can know.
Languageses>en GoogleDicCE
éste, ésta, esto, este, esta, tan

1 comment:

  1. Im not a religious person but for you Bec I shall happily say a prayer for you and send as many positive thoughts your way as I can.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete