Thursday 12 May 2011

For a good cause


Today I said goodbye to my wedding dress. I'm a little bit sad and have shed a few tears, but I am also excited about the dress's next adventure in a different part of the world. My church is involved in mission work in Zimbabwe, particularly with refugees there, and they have helped in the set up of a wedding hire business that the women run. The idea is that the women become self-sufficient by running thier own business, and it has been so successful that they are also able to support a local group of orphans with the funds.

So my dress is now on it's way to Zimbabwe, where a disadvantaged woman will have the opportunity to wear a beautiful dress on her special day. That makes me feel pretty darn happy.

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool!!!! What a generous gift!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful gesture, Bec xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so incredibly generous of you Bec. You have a kind and thoughtful heart x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    wow, how timely. I've just gone back on i-do and was reading through old threads etc and seeing what everyone is up to now (we were wedding twins) and when i follow the link in your profile it's a wedding-related post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, that should make you proud too...I know it would be sad but how awesome.

    ReplyDelete