Friday 18 March 2011

It's finally here!

I am currently sitting in my hotel in Sydney! I have spent the last three days visiting my aunt and cousins in Canberra which has been great fun. I hadn't had the chance to meet all the new additions to the family, so it was great to catch up and really spend some time with them all.

Then this afternoon I caught a rather turbulent and tardy flight to Sydney. I am here! I am also a tad tipsy courtesy of the @naffnangAU meet and great drinks! Several cocktails later and I am rather chirpy and a tad sleepy - the alcohol is doing my no favours!

Unfortunately I am stuck at a rather dingy hotel - it certainly looks nothing like the brochures! (Will name and shame another day). Am really looking forward to the conference tomorrow. Originally it was all about catching up with my girlfriends, but my too blog bbf's weren't able to make it, so my main goal now is to really think about what direction I want my blog to head in. Oh and also to get a little drunk :-)

Will be live blogging and tweeting as the day goes on - check out @fakedelight and #ausblogcon2011 on twitter for updates!

Hope you are all well - off to bed I go!

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy yourself!! Sounds like you will have a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SO wish that I was there! We'd be drunk together!

    Have the best fun...pretend i'm there and i'm just in the loo!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete