Wednesday 29 December 2010

The last days of 2010

Somehow I have gotten sick. Not serious thank goodness, but enough to be uncomfortable and frustrated. I've had an awful sore throat for a couple of days and some headaches, body aches and dizziness. Thinking it could be a 48 hour virus. Hopefully it will be out of my system soon.

I've been off work for a week and a half so far and it has been so relaxing for us not to go away anywhere - just to stay here and relax. Christmas Day went really well, everybody seemed to have a great time. Not looking forward to going back to work on the 4th of January but that's life!

We are hoping to go along to the Peggy Gugenheim showing at the Art Museum in Perth - while we certainly aren't the artsy-types, I think it's good to get outside of your comfort zone occasionally, and the chance to see a couple of Picasso's is incredible. Can't believe we will get to go to the Louvre next year!!!

And on that note I am going to drag myself back to the lounge room, wrap myself in my blanket and get my husband to bring me some tea.

3 comments:

  1. Gargle some tea tree oil in a glass of water - just one or two drops is enough. It tastes foul (make sure you spit it out like you would with mouthwash) but I think it does help to reduce the inflammation in the throat. I had a cold a couple of weeks ago and tried this on a friend's suggestion, I'm sure it helped.

    Hope you feel better soon xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cuddle up with your Charlie Hustle and get some soup! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Lourve doesn't have any Picasso - it has art from prehistory to the 19th Century. Musée National d'Art Moderne has quite a few. Musée Picasso has many (thus the name) but is closed for renovations until 2012 or so.

    A bit of advice - there is so much to see in Paris, and you won't be there for long. Do your research, because otherwise you'll only realise after the fact that you missed what you would have appreciated most. I found The Explorer Mini Visitors' Guide to Paris to have a lot of good information at a glance (though it isn't always right about opening hours and the like, check the net for that). Plus, it's small enough to carry around with you!

    ReplyDelete