Sunday 14 November 2010

In the midst of it all

In the midst of it all, there are small periods of brightness. Murrays sister is eight weeks pregnant. I am happy for her, and it has been the first thing that has lifted my mood since the accident. Yet I can't help but feel my own sadness at the news. I wish my brain would just shut off sometimes and just let me be. I don't want to be selfish and guilty and depressed.

I'm not sure if I will be able to make it to the funeral as I have an exam tomorrow and then an exam next Monday also, and the funeral is likely to be either this coming Friday or the Monday of the exam.

2 comments:

  1. Big hugs my friend.

    I get the want to shut your brain off, being happy for someone else's news but with that happiness comes your own sadness, it happens unfortunately.

    If you can't make the funeral, don't beat yourself up too much, these things can't be helped and you will be there in spirit. I will keep everything crossed though, that dates work out and you can make it.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. When it rains, it pours! I'm so sorry that you have to deal with this on top of your grief!

    ReplyDelete