Friday 12 November 2010

Grieving

It is our fifth wedding anniversary today but it is the furtherest thing from my mind. My cousin Shaun was killed in a motorcycle accident yesterday afternoon. I have not seen him for a couple of years as he lives in South Australia and now I will never get to again. I am in absolute shock as is my Mum and brother and the whole family. . Shaun is, was, a year older than me, only 25. I spoke to his Mum, my aunty, this morning. We just cried and cried. She said she is being strong but I just cant imagine how she is coping. I have arranged for my Mum to fly over Monday morning, and I am hoping to go to the funeral when it happens. Have spent all day in bed, alternating between tears and sleep. RIP Shaun.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Bec - I am so so sorry. Thoughts and prayers are with your family.

    Nontheless...happy anniversary love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry :(

    Sending much love and prayers to your family.

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart goes out to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so very sorry Bec. My blood runs cold whenever I hear about a motorcycle accident, I still hold my breath everytime Guvnor goes out on his - which he is right now.

    I hope that each day that passes bring you and your family a little more peace.

    Happy anniversary, I know it's a bittersweet time but try to enjoy it as much as you can.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very sorry to hear this sad news. My prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete