Friday 5 March 2010

New hobby

One of my goals or 'resolutions' for the year was to learn how to sew. Nothing fancy but I would love to be able to make clothes that look nice and maybe some cushions and soft toys. So I have invested in a very nice sewing machine (with a contribution from my mother-in-law who believes every woman should have their own machine - thanks!), and have started collecting fabric.

I think my favourite part of the whole sewing process is choosing the fabric! I have already got quite the collection happening.

Some of my favourites so far!
Will post once I have finally finished some of my projects!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck!!!! I love the fabrics. They are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to learn how to sew! Can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've caught the sewing bug recently too - and have fallen in love with some of the Amy Butler fabric - although it's very expensive here in Australia, especially for the gum drop poofs I'd love to make for the Bee's room. Where are you sourcing your fabric from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make sure you share what you make....I need to get motivated lol.
    By the way not sure if you have had one but I have nominated you for a blogger award.

    ReplyDelete