Thursday 25 August 2016

The first two weeks

The first two weeks with Jeb have flown by. It has been a mix of absolutely wonderful and at the same time terrifying.
J is just gorgeous. He is a happy and placid one year old, who generally sleeps well, and is very playful. He has his moments as most one year olds do, particularly tonight when he decided to scream for two hours instead of going to sleep, and then I tried rocking the chair in a different way and bang - lights out, he is asleep!
I'm in the process of setting up a new private blog where I can share more about J, but to be honest, I am not finding a lot of spare time! This parenting business is exhausting!!!
I feel incredibly lucky to have this little man as our son. It is just amazing.

3 comments:

  1. I have been following your blog for a few years now, I have no idea how I came upon it but for some reason I did. My husband and I went through a hard time to having our children, and reading your blog gave me comfort that I was not alone. And now to hear this beautiful news that you have your baby in your arms is such a wonderful thing and I am so happy for you all. I really hope you continue to blog, even though time is a precious thing for you now, but I personally would love to see how this journey unfolds for you all and to see how your little family grows together. Congratulations to you and thank you for your blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bec, I too have followed your blog for a while now. I am still going through fertility treatment in the hope that we can have our first child. Your story has been such an inspiration to me and I felt so much joy when I read that you would be parents to J. I would also love for you to keep blogging and wish you all the best as you get to know J and spend your first month as a family. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feeling so, so happy for you! I know how long you waited and I'm so glad this suddenly unfolded. I would love to hear more about your life with J if you write another blog. Sending good thoughts!

    ReplyDelete