Tuesday 9 August 2016

Our little boy Jeb

There is so much I want to say about our son. OUR SON. Can you believe that?
I am heavily restricted by what I can write as the adoption isn't formalised until we apply to the courts, a minimum of 6 months after placement.
I can't give his full name or his birthday, and I can't share any photos of him. It's tough but I understand the need to - while we live in a major city, Perth is such a small place that it wouldn't be fair to put all of that out there when it can get back to his birth family and be upsetting for them.
So for the moment it is just for a small circle of friends.

What I can tell you:
I got the call on Friday July 29th saying that there was a baby for us. I broke down and cried and cried and then cried some more.
We went straight to the agency to find out more information about him and his situation.
He will have some special care needs, and we were chosen through our special needs approval.
We were given the weekend to make a decision (we rang first thing Monday morning to say YES!)
We got to meet him for the first time on Monday August 1st, and he was perfect in every way.
Murray is completely besotted with him.
So far we have had four visits and I will be visiting him again this afternoon.
I am on parental leave for the next 12 months!
My girlfriends through me the most amazing baby shower on the weekend, which was very special.

And with that, I am off to visit my son!

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations! So very very happy for you! Sounds wonderful and like it really happened so suddenly, though I guess you had been waiting for a while. Can't wait to hear more! 12 months of paternal leave - yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is good!

    Congratulations! What wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew God had your baby waiting for you, in his timing always! Enjoy every single moment it goes by so quickly. So happy for you and your husband and your son.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such fabulous news! Congratulations on the arrival of your son!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just so thrilled for you both. It's such an exciting time for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This makes me so happy!! I have loved following along on IG and seeing the progress. There is always a plan and in your darkest hour God was there. What a faith building experience. Adoption is so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I actually choked up reading your news...I've been following your journey for a while and am dealing with infertility too...congratulations!!!..by all I've read from you I can tell that little boy is one lucky baby...all the best...Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. BirdsandsquirrelsFriday, 12 August, 2016

    Oh my god! I just got the chills, reading this (in a good way!) Congratulations! I am so happy for you and Murray! Finally!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just wonderful! I've been following your journey since we were November 2005 brides on some long forgotten website. I couldn't be happier for you and Murray.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous news - beyond thrilled for you both. I've been (anonymously) following your journey since TTC in 2006. Your son is a really lucky kid

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not having kept up with your blog for such a long time i am incredibly happy to find out the news that you have a little boy now. Congratulations!! You are going to make a wonderful mother!!!

    ReplyDelete