Tuesday 16 August 2016

Our little boy - the first few days

Jeb came home to us on Friday and things have been going great. He is such a happy little boy, and while it will take time to fully bond, I feel like he is starting to build that connection with us.


I'm not really comfortable sharing the nitty gritty in this space, so I am thinking of setting up a private blog instead. Adoption has a lot of stuff that goes with it, and it's not the sort of thing I want random people finding (it was fine when it was my ovaries, but our son is a person and will one day be able to read all of this).

3 comments:

  1. OMG!!!!! Squealing over here in Canada!!!! I'm just delighted by this news!!! I've been following you very silently for years! (I'm a retired IF blogger). Squeal!!! So exciting!!! Congratulations Mommy and Daddy!! Couldn't be more excited for this new journey you are entering! What a wonderful blessing!!!
    All my very best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy he is finally home! Adoption is a lot. So much emotion and finding a place to share all of that is important. Also, on the bonding front, I have a ton of fellow adoptive mommies that baby wear to help encourage bonding. Maybe it's already something you're doing. So happy for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg! Haven't checked your page is a while. So happy to read you have adopted a lovely little boy. Congrats to you both xxx

    ReplyDelete