Tuesday 6 October 2015

IVF Appointment- All Systems Go!

We had our IVF appointment with Dr Lucy Williams on Monday. It went really well I think. She was kind and considerate of our long infertility history.  We were able to come up with a plan going forward.

Next cycle we will be doing an IVF/ICSI cycle. We are also going to try an  endometrial scratch on day 21 of this cycle to see if that helps with implantation.  Something I wasn't aware of is that the ICSI procedure is different now than what it used to be say five years ago. Now they use a special technique which helps to identify the best sperm to inject into the egg to fertilise it.  The technique helps to identify spend that does not have DNA damage which of course is the issue we have been trying to address for Murray.

 The doctor is also willing to consider replacing more than one embryo depending on embryo quality of the time of transfer. We aren't quite sure what dose of drugs I should be on so it will be trial and error at the beginning to get the right dosage but hopefully we can get to egg collection  without having the cycle cancelled. So bring on November!

3 comments:

  1. Very exciting!! That new technique sounds amazing! We could use it too! I will have to ask my RE about it. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck! Dr Williams is the 2nd FS we saw and the one that started all over again and figured out I didn't have "unexplained infertility". Our first cycle with her resulted in my son - we're hoping for a FET this month - I love her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go the double embryo transfer! I read an interesting study that basically indicated embryos had a higher chance of growing into babies if they were implanted together, as in there is some mechanism there which increases their ability to implant and develop. Seemed to hold true with my final two "low quality" embryos with mystery vacuoles all over them. Best of luck my girl.

    ReplyDelete