Thursday 8 October 2015

Adoption interview complete & new house photos!

We had our adoption interview with the agency workers today and it all went really well! We had two ladies come out to interview us and they mainly wanted to know about the new house, how our health is, any changes to our extended family and support systems, our plan to do IVF next month, and of course our finances. We chatted about a couple of different things, and then did a walk around the house to tick off the inspection component. At the end, they said that we will get a letter in the mail once it is all finalised to say that we are approved for another two years! It was a really positive experience, and although we were both nervous beforehand, it was a great relief to have it go so well.

Now I promised a while back that I would post up some photos of the new house, so here they are! I promise my house isn't always this messy!

We are at the back of a triplex development so nice and private and away from the road

The kitchen before we moved in - so pretty and clean!


Lounge and dining before we moved in

The patio and garden area
Lounge area - Charlie tried to get into all of my photos! I had the lights off here which is why it is so dark

The kitchen now it is lived in! I made strawberry and vanilla jam in my thermomix tonight

Our bedroom - I love how big it is, it fits our king-sized bed comfortably with plenty of room to move.
Our ensuite! I love having two basins! Eventually I'd love two replace the two small mirrors with one full size mirror


The spare bedroom which is set up for our nieces and nephews and friends kids when they stay over

The other view of the spare room


And finally the kids bathroom. I bought the raining cats and dogs shower curtain from Society 6 - how cute is it!

1 comment:

  1. So happy all went well with the adoption interview! Your new house is lovely. Love the shower curtain in the kids bathroom!

    ReplyDelete