Friday 29 July 2011

Here we go again

We have started another IVF cycle, number 14, in the attempt to finally get to egg collection. Our doctor thinks it is unlikely that I can get to EPU using any protocol other than IVM, but considering only my old clinic does that protocol, I want to exhaust all options and attempts at my current clinic first.

Honestly, I am exhausted before we have even begun. We are trying a flare cycle this time which is different to what we have done before. I am using Lucrin for the first time from Day 2, and back to Gonal F after using Puregon the last couple of tries. However our FS has me on SUCH a low dose - 37.5! I think he will realise that this is way too low and up the dosage at some point. First blood test is next Tuesday, with my first scan likely to be next Friday.

We are crossing our fingers, that we make it to egg pick up, but you just don't know what is going to happen. I am hoping that, if things don’t go to plan, we may be able to convert to IUI (obviously that is if I am not over-stimulated or with a gazillion eggs). I just have a feeling that I will under-stimulate on such a low dose, and at least then IUI is an option. Who knows, it's really out of our hands.

In adoption news, my medical report went to the adoption GP and apparently that have some questions they want to ask. The only things that have changed from my last medical report which was accepted straight away, is weight gain over the last year (about 6 kg courtesy of cancelling the gym and fertility treatment), and finding out I have quite high cholesterol. Everything else they knew about last year, so hopefully it's a pretty simple answer they are looking for. (My Dr is already at me to start on cholesterol drugs, but I am trying to get my stats down through dietary measures first for three months). I will get a call on Tuesday when the Adoption Coordinator gets back in the office, to go through the questions the panel has for me. I just want to get these sorted out so we can actually sort the interview and assessment process!

I have a nice little cold after my darling husband had the 'man flu' all of last week. (Ladies, is man flu not the worst thing ever- men are such wusses!) Even though I'm unwell, we are heading into the city tonight for a concert at a club, (I know - a club!). One of my favourite artists, Marques Houston, is doing a one night show so I am forced to brave the wannabe gangstas-and-hoes of Perth to listen to some beautiful R&B music.

2 comments:

  1. good luck with this cycle Bec. hope all the questions re the adoption turn out to be nothing major.

    and enjoy your concert - you ARE brave heading into northbridge LoL

    ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you much luck with this new cycle!

    ReplyDelete