Friday 15 July 2011

Getting on

Our adoption application is back on track which I am really excited about. Because more than a year had passed since we initially submitted our adoption application, my medical report was out of date (these things take sooooooo long!). A couple of visits to the doctor, some blood tests and $140 later, my report is done and I sent it off yesterday to Adoption Services. Luckily I called up to let them know it was coming as they were about to send off all the reports to their doctor to review. They only send the reports once a month, so they have held off until Monday so that mine can go in the pile!

Once my report has been reviewed and I get the okay, then we pay our $750 application fee and start the assessment interview process! It feels like we have been doing this forever! It's been two years now since we went to our first adoption seminar.

We have also reached another milestone, although not one that is for celebrating. We have been trying to conceive for five years. Such a long time with so many ups and downs. We are doing quite well at the moment at least which is some consolation. We are off on our holiday in just 11 weeks which is mindblowing. We are also going to try one more IVF attempt in a couple of weeks, with the hope that we can avoid OHSS on a really low dose, and if I understimulate on the low dose, we can at least do an IUI, and have some shot.

Our main focus though is on getting our adoption application completed. The thought that we could become parents through adoption is really exciting, and we want to try and finish the process before the end of the year, if possible. The great thing about local adoption is that we can get placed within months, or it may take years - we don't know the timeframe. But the beauty is we are always in with a shot. Someone I know was placed with their child only three weeks after they were approved which is mindblowing! I'm not getting my hopes up too much, but we are both excited to follow this path as well.

Another exciting thing happened last week which has been occupying our time recently. Murray's sister had a little baby, their first, on June 29. William is the first grandchild for Murray's parents and is just beautiful. There have been a couple of twinges and maternal pangs, but we are really happy for them. Below is a photo from Murray's birthday on Tuesday- he loves his little nephew and it's difficult to get a cuddle when I'm competing with this little guy!

Uncle Murray and baby William

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow. My fingers are crossed for you guys in all respects! Good luck with your cycle and your application. I hope so much your child is really close now, irrespective of the route he or she decides to take :) xxx

    ReplyDelete