Wednesday 15 April 2009

Ice Ice Baby!

Welcome aboard Vanilla. Yes as in Ice Ice Baby! Also as in we don't know what flavour this bubba will be - so it is still vanilla :) Silly I know but I feel like I am bonding already with my baby. I hope I am not getting ahead of myself but I want this so bad.

The transfer went well, minus the 40 minute late appointment, but I guess I should expect that by now! I got Dr Love doing the transfer again. Last time he did my transfer I felt a little weirded out by him, I felt like he was a bit condescending, but that could just have been my hormones at the time! He was okay this time, although he obviously didn't remember that we had met before. Also he started talking up our chances and how we have a 50% chance of falling pregnant this cycle, and because I am so younger it's probably even higher. I had to remind the guy that this was our 8th cycle and 5th transfer. He back-pedalled pretty quickly after that!

In case this cycle doesn't work, I have a follow up appointment already booked with my FS Doreen on May 11. But positive thinking and all that - I wont be needing it.

Beta is on April 28th. Now it's just the waiting. Hold on Vanilla.

10 comments:

  1. i'm sending you and vanilla big, sticky vibes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hon. Very excited for you. thought about you throughout the day when I was meant to be working! As an aside, Dr Love is (usually) a very nice dr. When I had problems during a pregnancy he was wonderful. I am sure he will look after you really well over the next nine month! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bec - this is so exciting! I am praying that little "vanilla" is snuggling in for a nice long stay!

    As for your Dr - WHY can't they read our charts before they open their mouths? And if they don't have time...then DON'T SAY ANYTHING!!! My dr.'s do that to me all the time and it reall irks me! Sorry for the rant - Good luck my dear and we will be praying for and looking forward to the 28th!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool name! Congrats on the transfer xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Becca - this does feel like your cycle!!!!

    praying..hoping..cursing...all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the name! Hang out for a nice long 9 months, Vanilla! Sending you A LOT of good vibes!
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope this is the sticky one for you Bec, just like vanilla ice cream :) xo B

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just, you know, checking in...hope you are doing ok xxx

    ReplyDelete