Monday 15 December 2008

Thoughts

I really never thought that I would be in this position. To know that you are pregnant and to also know that you will not be having a child from that pregnancy - it is heartbreaking.

My beta today was 44 which is an increase on Thursday, but not high enough for the pregnancy to be viable. I have been directed to stop my HRT meds and wait to miscarry naturally. My next blood test is on Friday to see how my levels are going and if any intervention is required.

I have been having what I think is morning sickness - terrible nausea when I go to bed and wake up in the morning through until lunch time. To have that feeling that I would do anything for, but then knowing that you are only kidding yourself, that you wont be pregnant for long.

My heart goes out to all women who have ever experienced a loss. I have always felt sympathy, but never truly understood. Now I think I am starting to get an idea.

11 comments:

  1. Dear, dear Rebecca. I am beyond sorry. I am heartbroken for you. Sending much love and sympathy, and an almighty shriek at the unfairness of your situation. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry that you had to experience it firsthand to understand what others have gone through. Sometimes it feels like ignorance would have been preferable.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh bec, i don't know what to say. you're in my thoughts and prayers. i really wish that you didn't have to go through this.

    hugs to you and murray.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bec - My miscarriage was by far the worst part of my adult life thus far. I will never be the same, but you will get through this. I am here for you if you need anything. I have been where you are and will do anything I can to help!

    Nichole

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel for you. I know it is so unfair. You are in my thoughts. Anything I can do to help I will.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't say I know what you're going through, because I'm not you, but I am thinking about you and Murray. I'm praying for you and sending you a lot of support.
    Hugs,
    -D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rebecca - I think that is the worst kind of torture, the little bit pregnant kind.

    My SIL did it twice. Watching her, physially looking at her body but knowing that it was nearly over was so hard.

    My heart breaks for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry your HCG isn't cooperating Bec :-( Mine dragged out to 5.5wks and knowing it wasn't viable was the longest wait of my life. I also found it's also hard to grieve your loss properly until you get that bleed. My heart is aching for you. Take care hun xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Rebecca, I am so sorry. This has been one of the worst weeks in my life. I don't know what to say, except that I am thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry. It is a bad spot to be in. Prayers for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Rebecca, I found you through the Australia link on Lost and found. I am so sorry to read about the terribly difficult time you are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete