Wednesday 28 May 2008

How are you today? Understimulated thank you!

It seems to be the story of my life. Once again I am being under-stimulated by my conservative clinic and my follicles are still playing games. This week I got to the point where I took it into my own hands and decided to up my FSH dose myself. I know, a lot of people would be horrified about that, I still haven't completely wrapped my head around it either. But I have decided that this is my body, I happen to know a lot about it and how it responds to the drugs, and I will make the decision about what goes into my body.

I had clinic appointments on Monday and Wednesday which weren't particuarly exciting.
Monday's scan:
Left ovary (mm) 16, 13, 12, 10 < 10mm
Right ovary (mm) 15, 12, 8 < 10mm
Endo 9.6mm, Estrogen 1800

Wednesday's scan
Left ovary (mm) 15, 15, 14.5, 12, 12, 10, 10, 8 < 10mm
Right ovary (mm) 15, 15, 11, 15 < 10mm
Endo 10.3mm, Estrogen 3000

Some follicles have grown but the big ones haven't budged. I'm really apprehensive about my cycle. Egg collection was planned for Friday but it has been pushed back to at least Monday now - there goes my public holiday!

I don't want to be conservative with my treatment anymore. I can handle higher doses of my drugs and some more aggressive action. What I can't handle is going through another failed cycle. I am willing to take the risk of a double embryo transfer, or whatever else it takes to get there. If my clinic isn't willing to offer that then I may need to move somewhere that is going to be compatible with that.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bec! Sorry I haven't checked in in a while. Good for you for taking control of your situation, but please be sure to be safe. I don't want to see you over-medicate and hurt yourself. I would definitley consider taking your business elsewhere if you're not happy with how the conservative clinic is dealing with your case. This is YOUR body, YOUR baby, and YOUR situation - you have the control here. All the best and I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs Hugs Hugs...I know failed cycles all too well, and I can TOTALLY RELATE to wanting to increase meds on your own. My heart reaches out to you!

    ReplyDelete