Sunday 25 May 2008

Change up

So a change is meant to be as good as a holiday right? And I could sure do with a holiday but you know you get a little cash-strapped around IVF time... so I thought I would do a blog makeover! (Yes it is Sunday morning, and yes I am bored out of my brain!)

The gorgeous Cali has assisted me by making my awesome new blog header- how cool is it! Thanks Cali! I am very excited for Cali at the moment, she has raised enough money to pay for her FET, fingers crossed this is it!

The skyline in the photo is my city - Perth! It always amazes me that there are people who read my blog from all over the world. I haven't travelled very much outside of Western Australia, I've been to Sydney, Melbourne, Cairns, and also to Fiji for a weeks holiday, but I've never travelled extensively overseas or seen many places. I have such a fascination with so many places that I would love to visit.
Like Spain & Portugal, the lifestyle there just seems perfect, beautiful weather, relaxed lifestyle. I'd love to visit the US as well, and do a huge trip to see about a billion and one different places I've seen or read about.

I think of all these awesome places and how great it would be to visit, but I always want to come home. Perth is ridiculously overpriced, has urban sprawl issues, and has been nicknamed 'dullsville' by outsiders. But it has the most amazing beaches, vineyards, restaurants, schools, low crime rates, lots of families, and the number one thing about it - it's my home.

So your task for today - leave a comment and tell me where you are from. And also tell me the best thing about where you live. Oh and if you like my new style blog or not!

7 comments:

  1. Your header makes me homesick!

    I'm a Perth girl living in Tassie- been here nearly 5 years now, but come home a LOT and have lots of family and friends here to visit.

    Love the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in Victoria on the Mornington Peninsula. I love the relaxed beach lifestyle here. I love the blog makeover too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new look! Gorgeous skyline. I'm commenting all the way from Canada :) but I don't think of myself as from here, I'm really from the South (US that is), and I desperately miss the beautiful Southern weather! Though thankfully spring has finally come to Canada too. It's amazing how the blogosphere brings together people who would never have found each other any other way, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool idea. :)

    I am posting from Copenhagen, Denmark which is a very cool city to live in once you get used to the quirks. Like sahw, I am so glad that spring is here as I don't like the 8-ish months of winter we get here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new blog makeover, very fancy.

    I live in Singapore, but you knew that already ;) Originally from Sydney.

    I seriously have to get my butt to WA, I've spent many hours sitting in Perth airport, perhaps next time I'll actually check out the city.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new header! I'm posting from Maryland (U.S.) The thing I love about Maryland the most is that we have the beach and the mountains all in one state, and the best blue crab anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do like the new blog style. Always room for a change! They skyline picture is beautiful.

    I'm all the way over in the Western U.S. (Utah). Probably the best thing about this random state is the fact that I've got mountains to play in, sand dunes to play in, lakes to boat in, and the ocean is only 12 hours away, although I would like to move so it's closer.

    By the way, thank you for your last comment. It always helps to know that someone is there to hold your hand and to care when everything feels like it's crashing down. You are so kind my dear.

    ReplyDelete