Thursday 27 September 2007

Injection time

Did my first injection yesterday morning. I prepared for it all as calmly as I could, but when it came time to do it, I just couldn't. I flipped out completely, over the period of an hour I managed to work myself into such a state, I ended up getting my next door neighbour to come over and calm me down so I could do it. Eventually we iced the area so I couldn’t feel anything and then did it, I really didn't think I would be able to do it, but ended up being okay enough to do it myself. I did this morning's one first go as well and was fine, although I didn't sleep too well last night thinking about it!

Murray rang me at work and we were talking about my injections etc, and he said to me "I know you have to do the injections because of me and I really appreciate that".
It wasn't a self-defeating statement or feeling sorry for himself or laying blame, but it was just a genuine appreciation of what I am going through and it meant a lot to me. A lot of people have said 'well, you want a baby so shut up and put up with it all', but that's really not fair.

I still can't believe we are really doing this. I have started wearing my crucifix necklace everyday, I figure every little bit helps. I want this more than I have wanted anything else in this world. I am praying that this works.

3 comments:

  1. HOOORAY YOU!!

    Brave girl! You did great. And so nice he was so appreciative. Big hugs for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so easy to psyche yourself out with this stuff. I hope it gets better over time...it seems like it is already getting a bit easier.

    And your DH is definitely a keeper. How sweet to acknowledge what you have to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, you are such a brave woman! I'd be sliding off the chair with absolute fear LOL! I can barely handle a nurse taking blood let alone having to jab myself.

    ReplyDelete