Saturday 29 September 2007

Another day, another blood test

The merry-go-round continues. Did my injection at precisely 7.10am, then raced off to get my blood test done at 7.30. Of course it doesn't open until 8am on Saturday's does it. Off to McDonalds to waste some time... and break my diet with hotcakes. Oh well.

Went back to the centre to find the doors open and the waiting room completely full. Thank goodness for those pink slips, 'urgent bloodwork' means no waiting around - score one for me. I ask to lie down due to my bad reaction on Tuesday and they say no problem, but only one of the rooms has a bed so I have to wait for that nurse to become free. I show her my bruise which still looks mighty impressive and she starts to look a bit worried. After feeling around for five minutes Im starting to get nervous, I don't need another novice taking blood! Eventually she says she is going to get the other nurse to do it because she "can't find any veins". Great - score's are locked at one apiece. The other nurse comes in and I recognise her as one who has taken blood from me before- things are looking up. Then she starts feeling around, it appears my veins have performed a disappearing act. After getting a little agitated she eventually finds a surface vein and goes for gold. All over and done for another day, thank goodness.

The clinic rang me this afternoon with the results. Apparently my body hasnt reacted at all to the hormones yet. I'm to increase my dose very slowly to not trigger the 15 or so cysts already on my ovaries. I'm currently doing gonal-f injections at 75, Im to change every second injection to 112.5 and do another blood test on Wednesday.

Great.

1 comment:

  1. Slowly must be frustrating, but hopefully in time will get you there. I forget what dose the Dr said I am starting at now, but she did say it was less than usual because I am PCOS and they don't know whether I will over or under react. With IUI I under reacted and had to stim for ages... but I got there in the end!

    Also, do you drink loads of water before bloods, I read that cna help them find veins. Nasty! Ouch!

    ReplyDelete